AK Autos (Derbyshire) Ltd – The Small Print
We Value and Respect our Customers’ Rights
AK Autos believe our terms and conditions give our customers the confidence that they are in safe and trustworthy hands. We wish to be transparent in all our undertakings, and understand the need for clear and defined guidance during our contractual obligations.
Our terms and conditions do not infringe your statutory rights.
Open and Honest, our Terms and Conditions
Our Workshop Service aims to meet or exceed the demands and needs of each customer whose vehicle requires a car service, MOT, work, or repair with AK Autos. Our Terms and Conditions are here to help guide you and ourselves – they are not designed to cause problems.
A contract will be binding between AK Autos and the customer upon the booking of work.
- If you place an order via the telephone or internet you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
- AK Autos will endeavour to provide details of the cost of each car service and/or work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out if at all possible. However, there are times when unexpected issues may arise or customer’s telephones remain unanswered, therefore we reserve the right to fully repair or to stop work on your vehicle. We will make these decisions in what we believe to be are in the customer’s best interest. If the customer supplies parts that we decide are inferior to original equipment (OE) specification, we reserve the right not to fit the supplied part, or offer any warranty, and we reserve the right to replace the inferior part with an OE specification part at the customer’s expense in order to complete the repair. AK Autos will always endeavour to contact you about this accordingly.
- If the service or work cannot be done within 48 hours of an agreed time due to circumstances beyond AK Autos control, we will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete.
- Special long life or engine specific oils, iridium spark plugs, or other vehicle specific items may be required for your vehicle. These will incur an additional charge and we will inform you of the costs wherever possible in line with condition 3 above.
- All parts used will adhere to the manufacturer’s service schedule and warranty and will be of OE standard to ensure all warranties are validated.
- If a customer wishes to inspect or retain old/replaced parts they must inform AK Autos when delivering their vehicle. Some warranty and service exchange parts are subject to a surcharge. This charge is not passed on to the customer as the old part will be returned to the supplier for credit. However, if the customer wishes to inspect or retain these particular parts the related surcharge will be added to the customers invoice. If the customer makes no such demand all parts removed by AK Autos in the course of repair are deemed to become the property of AK Autos and will be disposed of in accordance with the current environmental regulations and legislative requirements.
- In addition to your Statutory Rights, a Parts Warranty is provided for a period of 3 months or 3000 miles (whichever comes first) from fitting by AK Autos. This Warranty covers replacement defective parts only, not labour. It does not cover diagnostic or investigation as to why the fault occurred. Faults and failures can be caused by other electrical or mechanical malfunctions which may need to be repaired before a warranty part can be fitted.
- The Warranty is dependent upon:
- AK Autos being given the opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable time frame without interference from any third party (for example another workshop or garage, mechanic or yourself). Please note: no third party bills will be paid under any circumstances without the prior written consent of AK Autos.
- The manufacturer’s vehicle operating instructions being followed.
- Having the vehicle serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommended schedule (at the time or distance specified).
- Full compliance with AK Autos advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by AK Autos which are given either verbally or in writing.
- The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected to abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
- Once the service or work has finished payment will be taken – only upon cleared funds will the vehicle be returned to the customer. All parts supplied and fitted by AK Autos remain the property of AK Autos until the related work is fully paid.
- Where a credit account has been set up, for instance for trade customers or loyalty customers, future supply of services will be dependent upon settlement of the account in accordance with the credit terms agreed.
- The customer has the right to cancel agreed work at any time, as long as any of the work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation. This will include any parts ordered, obtained or used that cannot be cancelled, returned or resold together with any handling charges and any other direct costs that have been incurred by AK Autos.
- AK Autos will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by AK Autos employees, agents or representatives’ negligence or for any business losses. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
- AK Autos will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle.
- AK Autos will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are deemed out of AK Autos control, for example “an act of God”; industrial action; or government disputes.
- Health and Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customer’s vehicle is worked upon.
- Any complaint with respect to any work done by AK Autos must be restricted to communications with AK Autos only. AK Autos will not be liable for resolving any mistakes, issues or problems unless all correspondence remains solely with AK Autos.
- AK Autos will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally, normally with 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, AK Autos will notify the customer accordingly.
- AK Autos will not be liable for any faults if you remove a vehicle from our premises with verbal warnings or written advisories on your invoice, you accept full liability related to or including the advisories noted.
- Vehicles left in the custody of AK Autos after completion of work for more than 1 working day are subject to a storage fee of £15 per day. If your vehicle is not paid for and collected within 5 calendar days of completion of work (this includes weekends and Bank Holidays) we reserve the right to have your vehicle recovered and stored in a secure compound at the customer’s expense. Recovery is usually £150 plus £15 per day. In the event of any dispute regarding payment for work carried out on your vehicle AK Autos reserves the right to, within 48 hours, arrange recovery of your vehicle at a cost of, usually, £150 plus £15 per day, into secure storage facility until the dispute has been resolved, the customer being liable for the costs of recovery and storage.
- AK Autos will have a lien (a right) on the customer’s vehicle/s and contents for money owed. AK Autos will be entitled to charge recovery and storage in line with condition 18 above during any period in which the vehicle is retained by virtue of the lien.
- If the customer’s bill remains unpaid after 3 months from the date of the first invoice to the customer, AK Autos may without notice sell the vehicle owned by the customer and/or the contents by public auction or private treaty. The net proceeds of the sale will be applied to the debt owed by the customer to AK Autos, and any balance shall be paid to the customer on request.
- AK Autos holds no liability for loss or damage to vehicles when left outside of our premises. There may be occasions where there is no room inside the workshop or drive area to store your vehicle. We may not always have the opportunity to inform you when moving your vehicle outside.
- Customers should be delighted with the products and service from AK Autos. We are a friendly workshop. If you have a problem, query or complaint please speak to us about it so that the matter can be resolved.